The Charlton Homes For Sale Market Report
A quick look at the price activity shows a steady as they go report. Consitent ask prices, and consitent sale prices. But if we look closer, at the data behind the front line numbers, we see things getting tougher for buyers.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
The first thing I noticed was that sales in the last three months were much stronger than the 3 months before that. In most towns, it's remained balance. This shows us however, that buyers are swarming in to Charlton, and it's probably for two reasons: 1) They had houses to buy 2) They like the prices. This activity is normally what we see before a run in home prices. Let's keep looking for more evidence.
What should active home buyers do in Charlton?
Home buyers, if they look at the chart below, will see inventory reached a new low - meaning the supply of homes for sale is the lowest it's been in Charlton since we've been tracking. This is not just in Charlton, of course, we're seeing this everywhere, but if the trend holds, we'll see higher prices in Charlton before the spring is out. Buyers should not be complacent - the market looks tight, and will likely be very competitive this year for homes in good locations in good condition.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Charlton?
Home sellers should be excited. The HSI has been above 100 3 reports in a row, and with inventory plummeting, that's good news for seller. And there's more. Day on market for successful sales is also down, and is about half where it was just 3 years ago. Things are moving, and they are likely to improve for sellers.
Charlton Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Charlton“Home Seller Index” (HSI): 108 Last Report: 110
- There are 54 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In the last 6 months, there have been 86 houses sold, and 51 homes sold in the last 3 months in Charlton.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 74 days for recently SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 195 days of the Charlton homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $149 (vs. $149 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 195 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $298,519 .
- Charlton, MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 2 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Matt’s Got More
Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.
Realtor Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
- Looking for a condo? Check out my Interactive map!!
- How do I know if my Septic System is Failing
- How do I negotiate with Sellers To Pay Closing Costs