The Charlton Homes For Sale Market Report
The home market waters in Charlton are going to get good and muddy. With a significant amount of new construction, we're going to see softer numbers persist - just as we did in Northbridge. Keep this in mind, as the market will be stronger than the HSI indicates, and $/sq foot should be watched closely. Home buyers pay premiums for new construction, and that pushes prices up when the sales come through. Of course, many new construction sales don't come through MLS, so it can be hard to track actual activity.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
What should active home buyers do in Charlton ?
If home buyers are looking for options, Charlton has some. Both new construction and not. Don't be fooled though - prices are up, and the HSI is at a record, showing that the market is more of a sellers market than it might appear. The best properties are moving quickly, but if you are in the market for new construction, you will find some options in Charlton.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Charlton ?
Home sellers are still asking a pretty healthy premium over recent sales, showing optimism. I think the gap will probably close this fall, and if there is a pull back in prices, the sellers will have to match that and go even lower to keep transactions moving. As in all markets impacted by new construction, know where you fit. If you are in the same price range as new construction, make sure you are priced appropriately, and if you are out of the new construction price range, you have more leverage - and much fewer competitors.
Charlton Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Charlton ‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI):100 Last Report: 90
- There are 80 homes listed as For Sale.
- There have been 93 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 68 homes sold in the last 3 months in Charlton.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 78 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 162 days of the Charlton homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $144 (vs. 138 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $ 172 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $288,032 for sold homes.
- Charlton , MA, has 2 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Realtor Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
- Looking for a condo? Check out my Interactive map!!
- How do I know if my Septic System is Failing
- How do I negotiate with Sellers To Pay Closing Costs
- Matt Heisler Home Purchase Guarantee