The Boylston Homes For Sale Market Report
Bolyston has had a great six months - the best six months since we've been tracking - but it's hard to think that will continue looking at this data. Sales I think have peaked, and with current asking prices, the market may grind to a halt. Home sellers are a little over their skis in Boylston, and with out major cuts, Home Buyers will pass on by.
I'm not sure prices are actually falling, but they probably aren't
rising as fast as home sellers would like.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
What should active home buyers do in Boylston?
Home buyers have been snapping up bargains, or at least well priced property, but there's little of that left. Asking prices are a whopping 25% over the sale price in this report, and although that number is probably a bit underweight, (probably a outlier sale or two in there), it argues that buyers are not chasing each other. And the HSI of 144 says the same thing - we know home buyers are only going crazy when we crack 200 or more, and we're far from there. Find your favorites, and wait them out. Many will probably de-list and reappear in the spring, but meanwhile, you may want to consider some other towns where sellers aren't quite so off the mark.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Boylston ?
I think you need to take a good look at your asking price if you are a home seller. Chances are, you are too high. How long can you wait? Don't leave yourself with too little time to make adjustments - the buyers come when they come, and if you want to "make it rain" you have to drop much further. A good analysis with an experienced agent will help.
Inventories are low, but not so low that the market "must" go up.
A pull back is likely.
Boylston Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Boylston “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 144 Last Report: 123
- There are 28 homes listed as For Sale.
Clear and Blue - we've had some nice
Home Shopping day this fall.
- There have been 58 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 38 homes sold in the last 3 months in Boylston.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 48 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 119 days of the Boylston homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $166 (vs. 177 in the last report)
- Current sellers are looking for $204 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $435,400 for sold homes.
- Boylston, MA, has 2 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.
Other Posts You May Enjoy by Matt the Realtor
- Meet Matt! His approach explained.
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
- Radon Myths and facts
- Hottest Real Estate towns in Metrowest
- Want to be a Landlord? Best Practices to get started.