The Berlin Homes For Sale Market Report
Berlin Home sellers remain optimistic that buyers will keep moving the prices paid for homes up. Right now, there is a healthy gap between Home seller wants and home buyer paid prices. The usual tug of war that we see each spring.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
If you follow my charts regularly (and you should! ) you might say, hey! The HSI is falling pretty fast. Maybe that means good things for Home Buyers. That is certainly one interpretation, but I don't think it's the right one. Here's why. #1: Prices paid went up. That shows there is lots of buyer interest, not just in Belin, but in other towns. You don't pay more, unless you have to. #2 Berlin is quite small - so the data can jump around quite a bit from report to report. The home sales in a six month period has never even approached 50, so really: It's small. #3 This point in the spring is where things come on - often at "testing prices" above the market. That's what we see here, but when they list - and don't sell - it makes the market appear soft. I think what we are really seeing is sellers reaching for a price, and buyers recognizing it is too high - and not jumping at them. At least, not yet.
What should active home buyers do in Berlin?
Home buyers should make sure that the prices they are willing to pay are rational. I'd be a buyer of Berlin early this year, if possible, as there is a good foundation here for prices rising through the spring.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Berlin?
Home Sellers should probably not be too aggressive in testing prices. The buyers aren't quite so foolish and desperate. They might be later - but they might not as well. Knowing where your home fits in to the locale market is very important, and small towns like Berlin are very difficult, especially if you have a non-standard home. You will need a good agent with a strong pricing methodology, like, ahem, ME!
Berlin Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Berlin“Home Seller Index” (HSI): 119 Last Report: 165
- There are 14 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
Really, Mother Nature? Really? Aren't you just showing
off a bit?
- In the last 6 months, there have been 20 houses sold, and 10 homes sold in the last 3 months in Berlin.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 50 days for recently SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 110 days of the Berlin homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $186 (vs. $178 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $206 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $370,285 .
- Berlin, MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.
Realtor Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
- Looking for a condo? Check out my Interactive map!!
- How do I know if my Septic System is Failing
- How do I negotiate with Sellers To Pay Closing Costs