The Ashland Homes For Sale Market Report
In what is terrible news for home buyers, there are just 10 homes for sale in Ashland. We noted throughout the last month the lack of inventory almost everywhere, but 10 homes is really shockingly low.
Buyers remain rational, and sellers remain close to
Home buyer expectations. But for how long?
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
The good news for home buyers, is that right now - they aren't freaking out. I'm not sure how long that will last though. The open houses I've been going to have all been full, and they look anxious. Many homes are getting multiple offers, and that's not going to stop until prices go up, or home sellers resolve the inventory problem.
What should active home buyers do in Ashland ?
Easy advice: Look elsewhere! In the past, when Ashland has gotten tight (and it's never been this tight), there has been very little to choose from all spring. Have a backup town (or two). Can I suggest Holliston? Medway?
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should potential home sellers do in Ashland ?
Home Sellers are in a far better position. Whether you are early or late to the party, you should have lots of attention, and should be able to get the best prices we've seen in Ashland on our chart. We're near the highs already, we should break through that barrier by May.
The crazy high HSI isn't going to get any lower until some
Home Sellers enter the market.
Ashland Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Ashland “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 326 Last Report:318
- There are 10 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In the last 6 months, there have been 79 houses sold, and 41 homes sold in the last 3 months in Ashland.
The Ashland market is HOT, and prices are headed
- The Average number of Days on Market was 34 days for recently SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 93 (with one listing at 1800 removed) days of the Ashland homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Square Foot averaged 220 (vs.214 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $222 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $415,460 .
- Ashland , MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends.
*That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Realtor Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.
Realtor Matt's Top Read Real Estate Posts
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
- Looking for a condo? Check out my Interactive map!!
- How do I know if my Septic System is Failing
- How do I negotiate with Sellers To Pay Closing Costs