Charlton, MA Home Sales and Real Estate Market Report (2019)
The Charlton Homes For Sale Market Report
I would have though Charlton would still be seeing prices up, but they seem to have retrenched a bit. Home sellers aren't super optimistic here.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Looking at the detail, we see a big pull back in the HSI, largely driven by declining transaction volume and rising inventories. Hardly a market panic, but indicative that things do not go up in a straight line forever.
What should potential home buyers do in Charlton?
There is some pressure on homeowners. Much of the competitive bidding has likely stalled out. Buyers are looking for value, and while some homes will attract a lot of attention, many won't.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Charlton!
- Show Me Charlton, MA Homes for Sale
- Show Me Charlton, MA Home Reports and More!
- Reach me to be your Charlton MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Charlton?
Charlton Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Charlton “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 118 Last Report: 184
- There are 48 homes currently listed as For Sale by Home Sellers.
- In Charlton there have been 82 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 52 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market (DOM) was 72 days for the last 6 months of SOLD homes in Charlton.
- Homes for sale have been looking for buyers for an average of 92 days (the homes currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $146 (vs. $163 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $171/sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $311,550.
- Charlton, MA, has 1 property advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There is 1 property advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Top Reads at Heisler & Mattson Properties
- What are the Massachusetts tax rates for each town and city from most to least?
- Thinking of building your own home? Should you use 2x4 or 2x6 construction?
- Can I get a home seller to pay my closing costs?
- I like this house, but should I buy a home with electric heat?
- I’m not sure what to do, this home has a failed septic system. Can I still buy it?
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- I just found out a home has a betterment. What should I know about home betterments?Do I have to pay them?