The Northbridge Homes For Sale Market Report
Interesting. We have curve inversion in Northbridge. Curve inversion is when sellers are currently priced lower than the recent average sale price. Why does that happen? Well, the best properties, in the best condition, tend to sell first, but when demand softens, the remaining properties have to cut prices to entice buyers. That can often lead to a market condition where there are too many properties that need work and not enough buyers, so the average asking price (of properties that need work) drops below the sold (properties that needed less work). That is probably what we have here.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
What we're seeing also, is a drop in transaction from the last couple of years. We aren't seeing a big spike in inventory, but if transactions continue to fall, we will see that.
What should potential home buyers do in Northbridge?
Just as in Northborough, Northbridge buyers no longer need to chase property. The best properties are moving quickly, but many will be passed over initially. This is a good time to find a fixer-upper where you can build some elbow equity.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Northbridge!
- Show Me Northbridge, MA Homes for Sale
- Is this an old report? Click here for updates!
- Reach me to be your Northbridge MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Northbridge?
Northbridge Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Northbridge “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 179 Last Report: 194
- There are 28 homes currently listed as For Sale by Home Sellers.
- In Northbridge there have been 99 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 68 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market (DOM) was 60 days for the last 6 months of SOLD homes In Northbridge.
- Homes for sale have been looking for buyers for an average of 72 days (the homes currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $189 (vs. $189 also in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $178/sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $350,363.
- Northbridge, MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 2 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Top Reads at Heisler & Mattson Properties
- What are the Massachusetts tax rates for each town and city from most to least?
- Thinking of building your own home? Should you use 2x4 or 2x6 construction?
- Can I get a home seller to pay my closing costs?
- I like this house, but should I buy a home with electric heat?
- I’m not sure what to do, this home has a failed septic system. Can I still buy it?
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- I just found out a home has a betterment. What should I know about home betterments?Do I have to pay them?