The Medfield Mass Homes For Sale Market Report and Statistics
I think this chart in Medfield is an excellent indicator of what I've been seeing anecdotally. The last two years we've seen a marked decrease in enthusiam. There's still enough buyers to push quick sales of homes, but where we would get 7 offers, then we would get 4, then two, and now just one or two. The lack of intense competition - and the buyer's disregard for homes prices "too high" or outside of market parameters, gives you charts that look like this.
Note that the Sellers are the ones who have made the big moves here to come down to the market levels. They buyers haven't budged, because they don't have to.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
What should potential home buyers do in Medfield ?
Recognize the market is *rational*. If you don't do your homework, you are likely to overpay. It's not as competitive as you might think.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Medfield!
- Is this an old report? Get Updated!
- Show Me Medfield, MA Homes for Sale
- Reach me to be your Medfield MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Medfield ?
It is still a good time to sell. HOwever, if you over reach, you're likely to have a much longer sales cycle. Fortuantely, most agents have enough data to price your home accurately, but if your home needs a lot of work,you may not get what you hope. Buyers are cutting back paid prices on homes that need renovations.
Medfield Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Medfield “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 170 Last Report:148
- There are 30 homes currently listed as For Sale by Home Sellers.
- In Medfield there have been 87 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 49 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market (DOM) was 46 days for the last 6 months of SOLD homes In Medfield .
- Homes for sale have been looking for buyers for an average of 62 days (the homes currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $280 (vs. $285 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 290 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $701,583 .
- Medfield , MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Top Reads at Heisler & Mattson Properties
- What are the Massachusetts tax rates for each town and city from most to least?
- Thinking of building your own home? Should you use 2x4 or 2x6 construction?
- Can I get a home seller to pay my closing costs?
- I like this house, but should I buy a home with electric heat?
- I’m not sure what to do, this home has a failed septic system. Can I still buy it?
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- I just found out a home has a betterment. What should I know about home betterments?Do I have to pay them?