The Marlborough Mass Homes For Sale Market Report and Statistics
Marlborough looks like a carbon-copy of Hudson - maybe a little better, but still very similar. The two neighboring towns often have similar data, as home buyers shop them together. Good strong selling and asking lines here.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
We do see, however, the same fault lines. Transaction volume has dropped over 30%. Inventories are at the lowest ever (a drop from 150 homes to only 30). This makes the market looks strong, but prices should be going up much higher much faster - and they aren't - showing that demand isn't strong enough to push up prices.
What should potential home buyers do in Marlborough?
Home buyers should know there are few choices in Marlborough, and the good ones will bring competitive situations. While overall activity is down, there are so few choices, the buyers that remain are still fighting over them.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Marlborough!
- Show Me Marlborough, MA Homes for Sale
- Is this an Old Report? Get the latest!
- Reach me to be your Marlborough MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Marlborough?
Home sellers, like in Hudson, are seeing record prices. They should think strongly about selling in this market, COVID or not. The buyers are mostly undeterred, and with record low mortgage rates, it is a great time to sell. The process is different, but prices and demand say sell.
Marlborough Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Marlborough “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 348 Last Report: 268
- There are 19 homes currently listed as For Sale by Home Sellers.
- In Marlborough there have been 142 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 70 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market (DOM) was 24 days for the last 6 months of SOLD homes In Marlborough.
- Homes for sale that are currently on the market have been looking for a buyer for an average of 53 days (the homes currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $222 (vs. $212 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 229 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $440,135 .
- Marlborough , MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Top Reads at Heisler & Mattson Properties
- What are the Massachusetts tax rates for each town and city from most to least?
- Thinking of building your own home? Should you use 2x4 or 2x6 construction?
- Can I get a home seller to pay my closing costs?
- I like this house, but should I buy a home with electric heat?
- I’m not sure what to do, this home has a failed septic system. Can I still buy it?
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- How will COVID-19 affect Real Estate? Will the coronavirus make it a buyer’s market?