Marlborough, MA Home Sales and Real Estate Market Report (2019)
The Marlborough Homes For Sale Market Report
Marlborough home sellers are asking for more, but the buyers are pushing harder on prices. Who will win this latest expectation gap?
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
Even though inventories remain tight, transaction volume is down. Some of that is lack of inventory, but it is worth noticing that the Days on Market, for average, is up to 48 days. Still great for sellers, bad for buyers, but it is up, showing that buyers aren't interesting in competitive bidding, and are staying away from properties they think are overpriced.
What should potential home buyers do in Marlborough?
Home buyers should recognize that they can push harder on sellers who are sitting around, and push harder at inspection. They should also be more price sensitive to condition. That won't stop the best homes from selling quickly, but more are sitting around than before.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Marlborough!
- Show Me Marlborough, MA Homes for Sale
- Is this an Old Report? Get the latest!
- Reach me to be your Marlborough MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Marlborough?
Marlborough Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Marlborough “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 227 Last Report: 270
- There are 34 homes currently listed as For Sale by Home Sellers.
- In Marlborough there have been 165 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 116 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market (DOM) was 48 days for the last 6 months of SOLD homes In Marlborough.
- Homes for sale have been looking for buyers for an average of 69 days (the homes currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $212 (vs. $216 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $226/sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $411,605.
- Marlborough, MA, has 5 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There is 1 property advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Top Reads at Heisler & Mattson Properties
- What are the Massachusetts tax rates for each town and city from most to least?
- Thinking of building your own home? Should you use 2x4 or 2x6 construction?
- Can I get a home seller to pay my closing costs?
- I like this house, but should I buy a home with electric heat?
- I’m not sure what to do, this home has a failed septic system. Can I still buy it?
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- I just found out a home has a betterment. What should I know about home betterments?Do I have to pay them?