Homes For Sale in Hudson Market Report
What to make of the Hudson report? Things are not adding up in this report, which is certainly not the norm. Is this the start of a larger trend? Is it an outlier? Let's see what we can figure.
While the number of homes for sale continues to fall, prices have taken an unexpected dip.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
First thing I notice is that the HSI is down. That's no biggie. The HSI's have all been sky high, and dropping from the 150's to the 130's is hardly earth shattering. The second thing I look at though is: $/sq foot have fallen sharply, giving back all the gains they have made in a year and a half. That is something we have not seen anywhere. A pull back from the season peak, yes, but not such a big fall. This isn't too small a town either, with 80+ sales, there should be enough data to mark the trend accurately.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
It's not the only sign of weakness either. Houses that are stillf sale are averging 174 days on market, up sharply from 113 in the last report. There's something go on in Hudson, but I'm not exactly sure what it is yet. We'll check in soon to see if this is a data anolmoly, or a larger sign of weakness. On the plus side of the ledger, sales remain strong and inventory is the lowest since I've been tracking it. 75% lower than the peak. That's consistant with the other towns, so the drop in prices is downright odd. Ah well, there's always a black sheep in these reports, this time, it's Hudson.
Hudson Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- Hudson ‘s “Home Seller Index” (HSI):135 Last Report: 156
- There are 27 homes listed as For Sale in Hudson.
This edition of the Hudson Real Estate Market is a puzzle
- There have been 85 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 37 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 113 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 174 days of the homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $159 (vs. $171)
- There was an Average Sold Price of $321,970 for sold homes.
- Hudson,MA, has 3 properties (vs. 3 in the last report) advertised as lender owned/foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- Hudson has 2 properties (vs. 1) advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by lender.
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary. (That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!).
Other Posts You May Enjoy
- Meet Matt! His approach to home buying for you in this video.
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
- Radon Myths and facts
- Hottest Real Estate towns in Metrowest
- Matt Heisler Home Purchase Guarantee
Matt’s Got More
Hold on there! Don’t go yet. Matt’s got lots more you to check out if you are planning to buy or sell a home. Why not look here, and find out a lot more about Radon, New Construction, Title V, House Styles, Town Assessments, MCAS scores, and even some tips to get the best rate possible on your mortgage.