The Hopkinton Homes For Sale Market Report
Hopkinton has had a great run. Great! But sellers are never satisfied. Look how crazy home sellers got, asking $280 a square foot, while the buyers were paying less than $240. Also no big surprise, it didn't work. Buyers actually started paying less, and sellers - rather impatiently - quickly cut prices. By quickly, I mean "over a few months".
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
So what happened? Well transactions went from a peak in late 2017 above 200 to 120. That is a huge drop in sales. New listings didn't exactly flood the market, they were down too, but the buyers disappeared, as they found value in other markets, or simply disappeared altogether.
What should potential home buyers do in Hopkinton?
Home buyers will find a little more inventory - but the big change is things are less competitive. This is not a new trend! With the high prices, fewer buyers are stepping up, even for young homes in good locations.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Hopkinton!
- Show Me Hopkinton, MA Homes for Sale
- Show Me Updated Hopkinton Home Sale Reports and More!
- Reach me to be your Hopkinton MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Hopkinton?
Hopkinton Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Hopkinton “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 146 Last Report: 204
- There are 147 homes currently listed as For Sale by Home Sellers.
- In Hopkinton there have been 124 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 90 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market (DOM) was 73 days for the last 6 months of SOLD homes In Hopkinton.
- Homes for sale have been looking for buyers for an average of 96 days (the homes currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $242 (vs. $232 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $249/sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $725,338.
- Hopkinton, MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Top Reads at Heisler & Mattson Properties
- What are the Massachusetts tax rates for each town and city from most to least?
- Thinking of building your own home? Should you use 2x4 or 2x6 construction?
- Can I get a home seller to pay my closing costs?
- I like this house, but should I buy a home with electric heat?
- I’m not sure what to do, this home has a failed septic system. Can I still buy it?
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- I just found out a home has a betterment. What should I know about home betterments?Do I have to pay them?