The Hopkinton Homes For Sale Market Report
Hopkinton looks a little out of whack. When you look at what sellers are asking for, it seems like a stretch. But it's driven largely by the asking prices in Legacy Farms - which buyers are paying - but probably shouldn't.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
The drop in inventory has pushed Legacy Farms to high prices, as the last parts of Middlesex county continue to climb. Is this a new normal? Only time will tell, but I think there are certainly some things that will change when the inventory returns.
What should potential home buyers do in Hopkinton?
Be very cautious when getting new construction! Those prices are not lined up with the rest of the market.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Hopkinton!
- Show Me Hopkinton, MA Homes for Sale
- Show Me Updated Hopkinton Home Sale Reports and More!
- Reach me to be your Hopkinton MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Hopkinton?
Hopkinton Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Hopkinton “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 204 Last Report: 181
- There are 30 homes currently listed as For Sale by Home Sellers.
- In Hopkinton there have been 148 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 69 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market (DOM) was 62 days for the last 6 months of SOLD homes In Hopkinton.
- Homes for sale have been looking for buyers for an average of 179 days (the homes currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged 232 (vs. 238 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 277 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of 726,756 .
- Hopkinton, MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Top Reads by Matt the Realtor
- What are the true dangers lurking in my house? How Dangerous are they?
- Meet Matt! His approach explained.
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- Home Buyer or Seller Quick Reference: Financing, Home Inspections, Economy and Strategy
- Radon Myths and facts
- Hottest Real Estate towns in Metrowest
- Want to be a Landlord? Best Practices to get started.