The Holliston Homes For Sale Market Report
The prices are struggling to reach back to their 2017 peak. Sellers, once far ahead of the buyers have pulled back asking prices for the simple reason they need to. Multiple bids are only showing up on underpriced or super competitive properties, and most homes are happy to take one bid.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
We can see some details here. Transactions down, inventory up, has moved the HSI from 230 to down to 130. Inventories are hitting multi year highs, and the fall will show where those trends are going. It will be interesting to see if we hit the spring with a big rise in inventories, or whether sellers stay away this fall.
What should potential home buyers do in Holliston?
It's still Holliston. Its not like there's 10 houses to see for you. But competition and pickier buyers means you're not competing the way you use to. Find what you like, and go after it, but you won't likely need to do crazy stuff to win your bid.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Holliston!
- Show Me Holliston, MA Homes for Sale
- Show Me Holliston, MLS Reports on Homes Sold
- Reach me to be your Holliston MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Holliston?
Home sellers should be prepared that if they reach for a price, they could sit around. This is yet another town where the average time to offer has doubled. Accurate pricing is more important than ever.
Holliston Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Holliston “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 130 Last Report: 227
- There are 53 homes currently listed as For Sale by Home Sellers.
- In Holliston there have been 101 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 66 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market (DOM) was 61 days for the last 6 months of SOLD homes In Holliston.
- Homes for sale have been looking for buyers for an average of 92 days (the homes currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $228 (vs. $229 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $230/sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $520,569.
- Holliston, MA, has 1 property advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Top Reads at Heisler & Mattson Properties
- What are the Massachusetts tax rates for each town and city from most to least?
- Thinking of building your own home? Should you use 2x4 or 2x6 construction?
- Can I get a home seller to pay my closing costs?
- I like this house, but should I buy a home with electric heat?
- I’m not sure what to do, this home has a failed septic system. Can I still buy it?
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- I just found out a home has a betterment. What should I know about home betterments?Do I have to pay them?