Framingham, MA Home Sales and Real Estate Market Report (2019)
The Framingham Homes For Sale Market Report
We haven't seen too many down arrows in Framingham, but one of the sharper ones is happening now.
Buyers and sellers are pulling down asking and paid prices. Framingham is a big market, and should be watched closely.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
When we look at the detail, things still seem OK. A little up tick in inventory is nothing to worry about. Transactions are down, which created the softening. Still, transaction levels are very healthy, so there's no panic in Framingham data.
What should potential home buyers do in Framingham?
Home buyers should know that it's still tough out there, but prices are stable, which makes home shopping easier. There are fewer "Crazy" bid situations, and the market should be rational. I think prices are too high in Framingham, but they aren't adjusting yet.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Framingham!
- More blog reports on Framingham!
- Is this an OLD report? Get updated!
- Reach me to be your Framingham MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Framingham?
Framingham Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Framingham “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 234 Last Report: 394
- There are 79 homes currently listed as For Sale by Home Sellers.
- In Framingham there have been 362 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 249 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market (DOM) was 37 days for the last 6 months of SOLD homes In Framingham.
- Homes for sale have been looking for buyers for an average of 78 days (the homes currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $254 (vs. $257 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $267/sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $472,946.
- Framingham, MA, has 0 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Top Reads at Heisler & Mattson Properties
- What are the Massachusetts tax rates for each town and city from most to least?
- Thinking of building your own home? Should you use 2x4 or 2x6 construction?
- Can I get a home seller to pay my closing costs?
- I like this house, but should I buy a home with electric heat?
- I’m not sure what to do, this home has a failed septic system. Can I still buy it?
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- I just found out a home has a betterment. What should I know about home betterments?Do I have to pay them?