Ashland, MA Home Sales and Real Estate Market Report (2019)
The Ashland Homes For Sale Market Report
I would like to tell you I understand what's going on in Ashland - but I'm not sure I do. Sales prices have been ahead of asking prices, which suggests a two-tiered market based on condition, but when we look at the underlying data in the next chart....
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
I see a sky high HSI, which means everything should be selling, and sellers should be pushing prices up. They are not! Off the cuff, it looks like some folks are getting bad advice on how good the market is in Ashland.
What should potential home buyers do in Ashland?
Demand is super high, and supply is super low. Make sure you add a couple of towns to your list, Ashland won't be easy.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Show Me Ashland, MA Homes for Sale
- Is this an Old report? Show Me Current Ashland Massachusetts Information
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in ASHLAND!
- Reach me to be your ASHLAND MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Ashland?
Ashland Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Ashland “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 391 Last Report: 388
- There are 12 homes currently listed as For Sale by Home Sellers.
- In Ashland there have been 89 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 61 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market (DOM) was 18 days for the last 6 months of SOLD homes In Ashland.
- Homes for sale have been looking for buyers for an average of 52 days (the homes currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $244 (vs. $248 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $243/sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $477,038.
- Ashland, MA, has 1 property advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Top Reads at Heisler & Mattson Properties
- What are the Massachusetts tax rates for each town and city from most to least?
- Thinking of building your own home? Should you use 2x4 or 2x6 construction?
- Can I get a home seller to pay my closing costs?
- I like this house, but should I buy a home with electric heat?
- I’m not sure what to do, this home has a failed septic system. Can I still buy it?
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- I just found out a home has a betterment. What should I know about home betterments?Do I have to pay them?