The Shrewsbury Homes For Sale Market Report
Well, it's been a while, but I'm going to start doing the reports again, as the market seems to be making some moves. You wouldn't know it from this chart though. Sure, we see a little uptick in the actives- but nothing crazy. Sales are down though, and that has begun to soften the HSI, which dropped sharply in the spring, but remains close to 200.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
In a Similar fashion, we see home sellers remain as optimitic as ever, and buyers are - so far - chasing them. It remains to be see how long that continues though. There have been a lot of price changes, and I think eventually we're going to need to see sellers pricing closer to where the market is at.
What should potential home buyers do in Shrewsbury ?
Well, there are some options out there - and some motivated sellers. You can be pickier than you have been in some time. And, oftentimes, you can pay less - or basically not see too many bid wars. There really haven't been intense wars this spring in Shrewsbury, except on a few houses. There will be less of that, if inventories keep builigng, and transaction volume keeps falling.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in SHREWSBURY!
- Show Me Shrewsbury, MA Homes for Sale
- Is this an Old Report? Get the updated one here!
- Reach me to be your SHREWSBURY MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Shrewsbury ?
Shrewsbury Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Shrewsbury “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 194 Last Report: 135
- There are 98 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In Shrewsbury there have been 240 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 94 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 26 days for recently SOLD homes In Shrewsbury .
- Homes for sale have been sitting for an average of 80 days homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $225 (vs. $220 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ 241 /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of $507,937 .
- Shrewsbury , MA, has 1 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Other Posts You May Enjoy by Matt the Realtor
- Want to know more about Me? Check out my reviews and then contact me!
- When #buying #homes, should I drop #contingencies in my #offer?
- Looking for a #Condo? Research these questions before making an #offer:
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- Want to be a Landlord? Best Practices to get started.