The Grafton Homes For Sale Market Report
Look out Grafton, home buyers have found your town! Prices have moved up in a steep line this year, and there are indicators that this is likely to continue. Let's look at the overall market.
Can’t see the chart? You can find it Here .
When we look at the detail data, we see that transaction are up in 2017, while inventory - is starting to really dry up. This continues the long-term trend we've seen in Grafton, but we're really at an inflection point. How can I tell? There was some new construction sitting around - and not selling - which was contributing to really high active market days, in the 400's. We're back under 300, and that means that the new construction is selling. I bet we could be under 200 in six months.
What should potential home buyers do in Grafton?
Grafton was a great town to be a buyer. Now? Not so much. As noted in the last report, things were getting tighter, but there were still choices. Now, the choices are fewer - and selling faster. Grafton has joined towns were the selling just got a lot tougher.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
- Sign me up for Automated E-mail Alerts of New Listings in Grafton!
- Show Me Grafton, MA Homes for Sale
- Show me Recent Grafton Reports!
- Reach me to be your Grafton MA Realtor
What should future home sellers do in Grafton?
In the last report, I noted that the "big push" in prices hadn't happened yet, but probably would soon. It has now happened, so get out the broom and get your home ready to sell. If you look at the data, prices jumped 7% in the last six months, and that is hard to construe as anything but hugely positive for sellers.
Grafton Homes For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - MLS Data
- The Grafton “Home Seller Index” (HSI): 191 Last Report: 145
- There are 36 homes actively listed as For Sale for Home Buyers.
- In Grafton there have been 156 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 84 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 59 days for recently SOLD homes In Grafton.
- Homes for sale have been sitting for an average of 287 days homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid by Home buyers in Dollars per Sq. Ft. averaged $198 (vs. $184 in the last report)
- Current home sellers are looking for $ X /sq foot
- There was an Average Sold Price of 447,605 .
- Grafton, MA, has 2 properties advertised as lender owned or foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- There are 0 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by the lender.
All raw data are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Matt’s HSI is proprietary*, and is designed to offer town-by-town information, instead of large scale trends. *That means you won’t find it anywhere else. Take that, Case-Schilling!.
Other Posts You May Enjoy by Matt the Realtor
- Want to know more about Me? Check out my reviews and then contact me!
- When #buying #homes, should I drop #contingencies in my #offer?
- Looking for a #Condo? Research these questions before making an #offer:
- How do I know if the potential property I’m buying has a wet basement
- Want to be a Landlord? Best Practices to get started.