The Marlborough Homes For Sale Market Report
Marlborough has an interesting report here because I think it shows how the market is changing in the area. With a serious shortage of homes in the more expensive towns, people are looking around to see what else might make sense - and they are seeing tremendous value. Marlborough has had a crazy 161 sales in 3 months. 3 months! Not surprisingly, this has set them up for a record HSI, 137, which is very strong.
Note: The chart above updates automatically with each new post, so make sure the comments you are reading line up with the time the post was published.
Yes, it's a strong number. But we've seen lots of strong numbers - what sets this one apart? Well, I'm looking at the $/Sq foot, which JUMPED $11 in one report cycle. Sure, we can argue that the last report cycle was a little week, but that's a big move either way, and the big numbers haven't hit yet. So, after a long stretch, it certainly seems like it's good to be a seller in Marlborough.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
What should buyers be thinking? Well, if you see a house you like, recognize that Marlborough is on the way up - so you can be a little more aggressive in purchasing. If you don't be, someone else likely will.
Marlborough Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- There are 88 homes listed as For Sale in Marlborough .
- There have been 209 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 161 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 81 days for just SOLD homes.
Prices are rising in Marlborough,
as Home Buyers play Catch-up
- There is an Average Market Time of 104 days of the homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $161 (vs. $152 )
- There was an Average Sold Price of $303,685 for sold homes.
- Marlborough ,MA, has 2 properties (vs. 3 in the last report) advertised as lender owned/foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- Marlborough has 6 properties (vs. 9) advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by lender .
- Marlborough “Home Seller Index” (HSI):137 Last Report: 102
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Note, there will be a some what artificial jump in the rankings as the active status flag is being phased out. (this is a good thing, but will screw up my data sets).