The Hudson Homes For Sale Market Report
Hudson in this weeks report presents a bit of mystery. At first glance, it looks like all the other charts before it. And the chart, by and large, is very similar. Shrinking numbers of homes for sale, shortening days on market, and sales far outpacing actives - especially in the last few months.
Note: The chart above updates automatically with each new post, so make sure the comments you are reading line up with the time the post was published.
So where is the mystery? It's down below in the data. $/Sq foot fell almost $10, which is a huge decrease. How can demand be increasing so clearly and prices be falling? That is a good question, and my only answer is that this is a fluke - there must be a couple of data outliers in the 60+ sales that were used in this report. If I'm right, we'll see a bounce back in the next report - or maybe two reports - when these sales fall off, but we will see.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
Regardless, buyers have swarmed Hudson and for good reason- good prices! But the early bird looks to have gotten the worm, what's left is quite expensive (currently $174 a square foot, a large premium to this reports prices), and probably is not as nice as the stuff that has already sold, by and large. Buyers will have to be sharp to find bargains now.
Note also that the bank impacted inventory has disappeared - just two properties fit that criteria in Hudson.
Hudson Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
- There are 37 homes listed as For Sale in Hudson.
Home Sellers are finding the market
much brighter than the last report.
- There have been 104 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 84 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 103 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 111 days of the homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $156 (vs. $165 )
- There was an Average Sold Price of $296,902 for sold homes.
- Hudson ,MA, has 1 properties (vs. 0 in the last report) advertised as lender owned/foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- Hudson has 1 properties advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by lender .
- Hudson “Home Seller Index” (HSI):85 Last Report:144
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS. Note, there will be a some what artificial jump in the rankings as the active status flag is being phased out. (this is a good thing, but will screw up my data sets).