The Framingham Homes For Sale Market Report
Wow. This home sales report for Framingham makes no sense to me. Let's start with the headline number. The HSI went up (over the winter now - the "slow" market-) to 129 from 118. Both of those are pretty ridiculous numbers. Now lets look at the number of active homes for sale. They have dropped on the chart from 218 down to 97. That's a reduction of over 50%. Then we look at the days on market, again, a super-strong 89 for homes that have sold. (Anything under 90 is really spectacular). So all that data is pretty un-ambiguous - the market is red-hot. And what do I see? Prices are down. Not a lot, but they should be going up.
Where does that leave us? Well Home Sellers are going to be really happy with my market prediction for Framingham. Home Prices are going up. I expect them to go up sharply this spring. And I don't think that it will matter - buyers will keep the pressure on. There is clearly outsizes demand in Framingham, and it's likely being fueled by rising prices in Natick and Boston, which show no signs of slowing down. Can't wait to see how it turns out when the June prices come through. The only think that shocks me is that sellers have been happy to keep the status quo and aren't pushing prices up on their own.
Find Your Next Home or Check out the Competition!
I guess not enough home selling folks in Framingham are reading my reports. They should be - it's costing them money.
Framingham Houses For Sale and Sold Market Statistics - Raw MLS Data
Put a sign in front of it, and it sells in
- There are 97 homes listed as For Sale in Framingham.
- There have been 258 houses sold in the last 6 months, and 128 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The Average number of Days on Market was 89 days for just SOLD homes.
- There is an Average Market Time of 164 days of the homes For Sale (currently for sale).
- The amount that was paid in Dollars per Square Foot averaged $174 (vs. $177 )
- There was an Average Sold Price of $327,834 for sold homes.
- Framingham has 3 properties (vs. 4 in the last report) advertised as lender owned/foreclosure (typically foreclosure) .
- Framingham has 12 properties (vs. 19) advertised as a short-sale is going to be needed by lender .
- Framingham “Home Seller Index” (HSI):129 Last Report: 118
*All statistics are for Single Family Houses and based on data in MLS.
Let Me Show you the Workings of Real Estate!
You could use any old Realtor to find or sell your next home. So why should you choose me? Because I’ll give you cold cash if you don’t think I’m worth it. You can read the details of my Customer Satisfaction Guarantee Here